Adopting from the foster care system can be a wonderful way to build a family. State agencies have custody of children of all ages, and children are occasionally placed at birth.
Adoptive parents apply for a foster care license, are screened, and receive education about the full spectrum of young people in the system. Families are then matched with waiting children.
There is particular need for people willing to accept sibling groups and teenagers. Foster care adoptions can often be completed at little or no cost to the adoptive parent.
Brian can help you:
- Manage relationships with agency social workers
- Counsel you on how to obtain records about your child
- Assist in accelerating proceedings so you can gain permanency
- Obtain adoption-related subsidies
- Prepare and finalize the adoption
Learn more about becoming a foster parent here: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/fostercare